Terrifying occurrences play out in a haunted house when Hank and whatever companions he could convince to join him, try to win Hank a bet by spending the night in the infamous abode. I may not be a “car guy” but even I’d brave the supernatural lodgings to get myself a free Ferrari… even if I’d just sell it and buy a bunch of comic books. Anyways, talk and beer are in abundance until spooky shit starts up. A local medium lets Hank know he has psychic powers, Hank falls for a new-in-town cute blonde, the night crawls on and church-basement spook-house shenanigans intensify. Hank is convinced someone is just trying to freak them out but denial becomes a little more complicated following a marvelously boring séance and the inability to escape the premises. It’s so bottom of the barrel it becomes quite shocking when it pulls off some uneasy visuals, off-kilter sound design and off-putting musical bits, accidentally transforming itself into a movie that has no right being as memorable as it is. Even the shoddy editing creates an otherworldly vibe that many have tried to replicate. It may be nothing special and more than a little boring but I guarantee if I had seen it as a child, it would have burned itself into my brain and caused a few sleepless nights.
Search This Blog
Saturday, August 8, 2026
Ghosts of Hanley House (1968) (USA)
⭐️⭐️1/2
Terrifying occurrences play out in a haunted house when Hank and whatever companions he could convince to join him, try to win Hank a bet by spending the night in the infamous abode. I may not be a “car guy” but even I’d brave the supernatural lodgings to get myself a free Ferrari… even if I’d just sell it and buy a bunch of comic books. Anyways, talk and beer are in abundance until spooky shit starts up. A local medium lets Hank know he has psychic powers, Hank falls for a new-in-town cute blonde, the night crawls on and church-basement spook-house shenanigans intensify. Hank is convinced someone is just trying to freak them out but denial becomes a little more complicated following a marvelously boring séance and the inability to escape the premises. It’s so bottom of the barrel it becomes quite shocking when it pulls off some uneasy visuals, off-kilter sound design and off-putting musical bits, accidentally transforming itself into a movie that has no right being as memorable as it is. Even the shoddy editing creates an otherworldly vibe that many have tried to replicate. It may be nothing special and more than a little boring but I guarantee if I had seen it as a child, it would have burned itself into my brain and caused a few sleepless nights.
Terrifying occurrences play out in a haunted house when Hank and whatever companions he could convince to join him, try to win Hank a bet by spending the night in the infamous abode. I may not be a “car guy” but even I’d brave the supernatural lodgings to get myself a free Ferrari… even if I’d just sell it and buy a bunch of comic books. Anyways, talk and beer are in abundance until spooky shit starts up. A local medium lets Hank know he has psychic powers, Hank falls for a new-in-town cute blonde, the night crawls on and church-basement spook-house shenanigans intensify. Hank is convinced someone is just trying to freak them out but denial becomes a little more complicated following a marvelously boring séance and the inability to escape the premises. It’s so bottom of the barrel it becomes quite shocking when it pulls off some uneasy visuals, off-kilter sound design and off-putting musical bits, accidentally transforming itself into a movie that has no right being as memorable as it is. Even the shoddy editing creates an otherworldly vibe that many have tried to replicate. It may be nothing special and more than a little boring but I guarantee if I had seen it as a child, it would have burned itself into my brain and caused a few sleepless nights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment