Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2026

The Minger: The Ugly Daughter of God (2015) (Germany)

aka Die Hackfresse/Where Demons Dare

⭐️1/2


The usual uplifting fare one comes to expect from the overly optimistic Germans. Found nearly beaten to death in the street, a young woman tells her fucked up tale of woe to the nice young man nursing her back to health. As I don’t speak German and don’t have any German friends I would want to torture with a viewing of this film, I’m mostly guessing as to what the hell happens. The young woman was living with an older German woman (maybe her mother?) and the decayed lover she still bangs. A leather pants-rocking rapist breaks into their house, rapes her (which she seems to enjoy) and then attempts to flee when he discovers her rotten lover. He’s caught by the older woman and tied up. She tortures and eventually murders him. The young woman is pregnant and just as she’s about to pop, she cuts her baby out of her stomach with a butcher knife and smothers the poor bastard. That not being enough, she places the baby in the oven. Ok. Thanks, Germany. She then leaves home and joins up with a couple sadistic pimps, becomes a prostitute and is eventually beaten and forcibly (and graphically) raped with a broken baseball bat. The rest of the film is filled with scenes of her wandering and pondering and there’s also something about a seemingly crooked cop. The SFX are nauseatingly well done and the cold, uncaring atmosphere suitably drains you. I’m not one for extreme flicks so I was pretty bored throughout the majority of the runtime but there are a couple gut punches that wake you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment